Friday, January 11, 2013

Ski Daze

The weekend after Christmas, my incredibly brave husband led a troop of very green, very novice skiers to Monarch to try out our snow legs.


I have never skied a day in my life, but I am proud to say I made it down a green not once, but twice and managed NOT to kill myself.

Obviously.  

Actually, you never know.  I could be a ghost writer.  Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

(My writer friends will get that).

Anywho....the kids and I had never skied before.  Clint's niece had snowboarded once.  Clint has practically lived his life on them, but he was an incredibly good sport and took the day to teach us all the basics, which included, luckily for us, a very cool "lift" called the Caterpillar. 


We used blades instead of skis.  Clint said they were easier.  It was still as difficult as all get out but I had so much fun I can't wait to go back!  We didn't get a lot of pictures, but we did get some very cool videos:



Click on my youtube channel to see them all!

We had so much fun.  The conditions were perfect and it was the perfect way to spend our first Christmas together as a family.  So many wonderful memories were made!


I'm hanging onto him for dear life and I'm never letting go!
~J

No comments: